Vanderbilt University Public Safety is an equal opportunity employer. It is the goal of Vanderbilt University Public Safety to attract well-qualified and diverse candidates to serve a very diverse community.Please visit the Employment at Vanderbilt page for details on current employment opportunities, benefits, and more information.
Employment Standards for Non-Sworn Positions:
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have a GED or High School Diploma.
- Must have a valid Tennessee driver's license.
- Must have an honorable discharge from military service (DD-214, if applicable).
- Must pass a thorough background investigation (driving record will be considered part of the background.)
- Must pass a psychological examination.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Employment Standards for Sworn Positions:Must meet all of the above requirements PLUS :
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must meet standards set by the Tennessee Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission and adopted by the Tennessee General Assembly on June 24, 1983, T.C.A. 38-8-106.
- Must not have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or any violation of any Federal or State Laws, or City Ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor, or controlled substances.
- Must pass a medical examination.
- Pass a thorough background investigation
- Pass a thorough medical examination
- Pass a psychological examination
- Complete the Police Training Academy
- Complete a Field Training Program
- On-the-Job Training
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Varied Health Care Plans
- Vision and Dental Care Plans
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- On Site Wellness Program
- Tuition Benefits for You and Your Dependent Children